We all know by now how well a grazing platter goes down at a gathering - big or small, special occasion or not.
They can be cost-effective, they make a great centrepiece and not to mention they are extremely delicious!
With Easter weekend fast approaching, many of us are thinking about what kind of spread to put on for our loved ones - and an Easter-themed platter could be just the ticket.
We tried out our own simple one, using really easily-sourced ingredients. But you can use whatever you like on yours for whatever budget you're working with.
Have a squiz at what we put together below, and get some inspiration for your own chocolatey feast!
- Hot Cross Buns
- Easter Eggs (we used a range of large hollow ones, medium and smaller eggs - just pick your favourites!)
- Chocolate Fingers
- Whipped Cream
Of course, there is no right or wrong way of making platters! Here is the order we laid our platter out in:
- First, display and position the largest item on the dessert board. For this platter, we cut the large hollow egg in two and placed it onto our platter board.
- Then we scattered our Hot Cross Buns around various places of the platter.
- Place any small bowls of sauces on the platter, fill large hollow egg with what you want to fill it with. We filled ours with mini eggs, but also considered whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
- Continue to fill the platter and leave no space! This is how to get those incredible looking platters. Leave nothing bare, no space of the dish untouched by yummy food.
- Garnish! You can add flowers, fruit, sprinkles - anything.
Take a look at how other people have designed their own Easter grazing boards and get creative!