Old El Paso's dinner kits are perfect for keeping dinner simple otherwise grab some of the separate ingredients to make your own!
Alongside Old El Paso, we wanted to keep you and your friends connected and bring you all together over some delicious Old El Paso, with virtual Taco Tuesdays!
Check out the fun we had in the video above and give Ali's Taco recipes a go for yourself!
- Cauliflower, chopped into florets
- Hot sauce
- 1-2 cups oil (for frying)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Finely sliced red cabbage
- Finely sliced lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Finely chopped red onion
- Chopped coriander
- Juice from 1 lime
Serve with sour cream and coriander.
- Mix together buttermilk, ½ cup of hot sauce and cauliflower florets in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil ready for frying.
- Put the flour in a bowl. Dip cauliflower in the flour . Dip back into buttermilk mix and again in the flour.
- Place cauliflower into the hot oil and fry until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Small batches is best.
- For the salsa, mix tomatoes, red onion, coriander and lime juice.
- Assemble tacos with slaw,cauliflower, and salsa. Serve with some sour cream, coriander and maybe some additional hot sauce.
'I cheat this with chicken from Waitoa in the supermarket freezer' - Ali Leonard.
- Cook the chicken and assemble tacos.
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Tomato salsa
- Chilli mayo (Or any flavour you fancy!)
GARLIC PRAWN TACOS
- Pan fry the prawns in some butter,with finely chopped garlic and a sprinkle of chilli flakes, until cooked and golden.
- Fill your tacos with some shredded lettuce, finlely sliced red onion, garlic prawns and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander, and serve on a plate with lime wedges and a side of sour cream.
- Spice mix from the meal kit
- Finely sliced cabbage
- Radishes finely sliced
- 2-3 limes
- Coriander (few sprigs)
- Cut your fish into chunks and coat in Spice Mix. Pan fry fish with a little oil until cooked through.
- Fill Tacos with thinly sliced cabbage, your cooked fish, a few slices of radish op off your tacos. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.
EXTRA RECIPE: Ali's easy pink pickle onions
Ali creates these yummy pink pickled onions every week and uses them on everything - including her tacos!
- One red onion
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Warm water
- Slice red onion and put in a jar.
- In separate dish, mix ½ cup of ACV, 1 cup of warm water and 1 tbs of sugar and salt and mix together until the salt and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the onion and let it sit for at least 1 hour.
- Cover the jar and place in refrigerator for at least 1 day. Pickled onions will last for a few weeks stored in the refrigerator!
Old El Paso brings the ‘good noise’ to the dinner table.
Turn up your Taco Tuesday with Old El Paso.
Find out more and explore the delicious range at https://www.oldelpaso.com.au/