The incredible master bakers behind Taste have come up with a brilliant new recipe that combines the childhood favourite of fairy bread with a no-bake cheesecake slice.
The mash-up is delicious, a sure-fire family hit and made with Tim Tams and condensed milk.
- 2 x 165g packets white chocolate Tim Tams
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 100g butter, melted, cooled
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp gelatine powder
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup bright sprinkles, plus extra, to decorate
- 85g packet creaming soda jelly crystals
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Place biscuits and coconut in a food processor. Process until fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Whisk condensed milk and lemon juice together in a bowl. Sprinkle gelatine over boiling water. Whisk with a fork to dissolve. Stand for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk into milk mixture until combined. Stand for 3 to 4 minutes to cool. Fold in sprinkles. Pour over prepared base. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, place jelly crystals into a heatproof jug. Add boiling water. Stir until crystals have dissolved. Stir in cold water. Set aside for 1 hour to cool to room temperature.
- Gently pour jelly over slice. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until set.
- Carefully remove slice from pan and cut into pieces. Decorate with extra sprinkles. Serve.