This list is constantly changing as I discover new places to love! But here are some of my current favourites…
1. Piku, Havelock North - Japanese restaurant and cocktail bar. Gorgeous plates to share and a great wine list!
2. Craggy Range Winery - exceptional food and you can’t beat that view of Te Mata Peak. And who doesn’t love a giant chicken statue?
3. Malo, Havelock North - a special place to go for lunch or dinner at Porters Hotel, beautiful food and the seats are verrrry comfy! This is Wakanui Beef Cheek | Pumpkin Puree, Smoked Almonds, Pickled Bacon, Salsa Verde, that I got at Malo.
4. Black Barn Vineyard and Bistro - the bistro is still closed since the fire, but you can do a lovely wine tasting and get a platter from the Kitchen Shop to enjoy under the fig trees.
5. Vinci’s Pizza, Napier - buy it by the slice, or get a whole pie…bellissimo!
6. Cafe Tennyson, Napier - love the art deco vibe, friendly service and a nice menu plus cabinet food.
7. Mission Estate Winery, Taradale - NZ’s oldest winery. Take in the elegant historic building and grounds, and what a view! Dining al fresco at the Mission has to be one of the great Hawkes Bay experiences.
8. KFC Hastings - they always give us such good bits of chicken! A bucket of goodness from the Colonel.
9. Hygge at Clifton Bay - what a hidden gem! A beautiful drive to get there,the coolest vibe plus a nice selection of food…and a fantastic shop as well! Who doesn’t love a little retail therapy to go along with your cuppa.
10. Three Wise Birds, Hastings - such a cool setting, surrounded by gnarly old apple trees…great spot to sit outside in the garden bar! Makers of cider and great food.