- 60gm butter
- 500gm Jerusalem Artichokes scrubbed and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 1 stick of celery finely sliced
- 1 potato or Kumara peeled and diced
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chopped chives
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- Sour cream
Melt the butter in your big saucepan and put all the vegetables in to sweat for about 5 mins, stirring a few times.
Add liquid and simmer until artichoke is tender. Purée then serve warm with a little sour cream and sprinkle with a little nutmeg and chives.