Dog ice cream? It's a thing! While you shouldn't feed your dog the stuff us humans have, you can whip up a do-it-yourself summer doggy treat. Help give your dog some relief from summer heat! . Unlike your tasty summer treats, It can include ingredients like peanut butter, pumpkin, bananas and even chicken. Some recipes may contain yogurt so avoid these if your dog is sensitive to dairy-based products.
Here are some paw-some dog ice cream recipes . You might even enjoy some of them yourself!
A. Strawberry Ice Cream
· 1 small tub of fresh strawberries
· 3 or 4 cups of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
1. Mash the strawberries using a potato masher.
2. Mix strawberry mash with yogurt and then freeze overnight.
B. Carob Chip Ice Cream
·400gms of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
· 1/3 cup of carob chips
· 1 tbsp. of honey
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
2. Pour them into cupcake liners or ice cube trays.
3. Freeze until solid.
C. Peanut Butter & Banana Ice Cream
· 1 ripe banana
· 1 cup of peanut butter
· 2 cups of natural plain yogurt
· 2 tbsps. of honey
1. Mash the banana and then stir it into the natural yogurt.
2. Warm the cup of peanut butter using a microwave or stove until it’s easy to stir.
3. Add the banana and yogurt mixture and the honey to the softened peanut butter.
4. Mix all ingredients until well-combined.
5. Pour the mixture into a non-stick container and then freeze overnight.
Ice Cream Topping Safe to Use
· A spoonful of applesauce
· Some dribbles of honey
· Bits of crispy bacon
· A sprinkle of rice crispies
· Dashes of toasted sesame seeds