To celebrate International Women's Day, Barbie have released 17 new dolls based on inspiring women.
“Girls have always been able to play out different roles and careers with Barbie and we are thrilled to shine a light on real-life role models to remind them that they can be anything,” senior vice president and general manager of Barbie, Lisa McKnight, said in a news release.
Every doll comes with information that reveals how each woman has shaped society.
The dolls include women who have empowered women from both the past and the present.
The women include:
- Frida Kahlo, Artist
- Amelia Earhart, Aviation Pioneer
- Martyna Wojciechowska, Journalist
- Bindi Irwin, Conservationist
- Ava Duvernay, Film Director
- Hélène Darroze, World-Renowned Chef
- Ashley Graham, Model And Body Activist
- Patty Jenkins, Filmmaker
- Katherine Johnson, NASA Mathematician And Physicist
- Yuan Yuan Tan, Prima Ballerina
- Sara Gama, Soccer Player
- Leyla Piedayesh, Designer and Entrepreneur
- Ibtihaj Muhammad, Fencing Champion
- Xiaotong Guan, Actress And Philanthropist
- Chloe Kim, Snowboarding Champion
- Gabby Douglas, Gymnastics Champion
- Hui Ruoqi, Volleyball Champion
- Nicola Adams Obe, Boxing Champion