- 250gm sausage meat
- 500-700gm mince beef (I'm sure you could use other meat)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup milk or from tin or evaporated milk is nice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped gherkins
- 340gm tin of Apricots (mashed including juice)
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
Mix ingredients together well and shape into loaf tin . You can shape into a loaf and put in a roasting pan or dish because a lot of juice comes out during cooking.
Bake uncovered 180c for 1 hour.
Put ingredients in saucepan and simmer a bit over low heat.
Once meatloaf has done and hour brush some sauce over in put bake in oven for 20-30 mins to glaze
Serve sliced with favourite vegetables and more of the Apricot sauce
Lasts a dinner and couple of lunches in our house.