- Drizzle of Olive oil
- Kumara 400-500 grams skin on cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 Tsp of sugar
- 1/2 Red onion sliced thinly
- 250gms of Asparagus ( or green beans if no Asparagus available)
- 1/3 cup of lightly toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 2 tsp of wholegrain Mustard
- 2 tsp of liquid honey
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Toss the kumara chunks with a drizzle of Olive Oil on a baking paper lined oven tray and cook on 200 degrees celcius for about 25 mins.
Mix Red wine Vinegar and sugar and add red onion. Marinate for about 15 mins. Drain and reserve the vinegar for the dressing.
Lightly stem asparagus until slightly tender . Drop in iced water to cool it quickly so it retains it's nice green colour and drain it .
Mix the dressing ingredients
Toss the kumara ,asparagus ( beans) parsley ,walnut and half the dressing,red onion and drizzle with the rest of the dressing