Ali here! After a pantry sort today, I found the Macadamia oil and wanted to make something with it. This was the first recipe from Olivado that I wanted to try and it's also gluten-free!
Enjoy! We definitely did :)
- 2½ cups ground almonds
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup Macadamia oil (or Sweet Almond oil)
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh berries and/or cream (optional when serving)
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Add the ground almonds and cocoa to a large bowl and mix them.
- Place the eggs, Macadamia oil, sugar, maple syrup, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour the recent mixture into the almonds & cocoa mixture and mix it until smooth.
- Now place the mixture into a 20cm round came tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 40-45 minutes, then insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out dry, your cake is done, otherwise, continue to bake for a further 5 minutes, then check again.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin.
- Dust with extra cocoa powder and top with fresh berries to serve.