Feijoa season in New Zealand typically runs from mid-March until the start of June, and often when you start to spot the feijoas budding on your tree, it isn't long before they come thick and fast and you will have a surplus of the delicious fruit!
We decided to change up one of our favourite apple crumble recipes to add our homegrown feijoas.
Apple & Feijoa Crumble
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp coconut
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 20g butter
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (stewed)
- 2-4 feijoas
- Custard (optional)
- Add all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and mix together.
- Set aside bowl.
- In a small dish or rameken, add non-stick oil or butter and layer prepared stewed apples on bottom of dish.
- Layer feijoa slices on top of apples.
- Press crumble mix on top of fruit.
- Sprinkle with small about of raw sugar.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add custard.
- Serve and enjoy!