Ali Leonard has shared a delicious recipe for Spaghetti Squash Caprese.
"After being confronted by spaghetti squash every time I walked into a food store this week, I gave in and bought one. So because it creates a spaghetti like texture when cooked, I made this tonight. It was a winner! Bit of garlic breath going on though… sorry workmates!"
- 1 decent sized spaghetti squash cut in half and seeds removed
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 ball of mozzarella diced
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Drizzle the squash halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the halves cut side down on baking paper lined baking dish
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Slide a sharp knife into the squash, if it glides in easily it’s ready.
- Heat large fry pan/skillet over medium heat and some oil. Sauté garlic for about 30 seconds and then add the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes soften a bit and realise some of their juice.
- Scrape the squash with a fork and get all the threads of squash out and into the pan. Toss with the tomatoes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the mozzarella gently, it will start to melt.
- Serve with some chopped fresh basil or parsley.