Ali whipped up a new dish for Meatless Monday in her house - a delcious slow roasted Butter Aubergine Curry!
"Made this for Meatless Monday! Will definitely be doing it again. Very easy and lots of "Oh's and Ahh"s" at the dinner table. Think Butter Chicken but no chicken! We loved it!"
- Ali Leonard.
- 100ml coconut oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 5cm (25g) ginger, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each ground turmeric, cumin & garam masala
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbs tandoori paste
- 2 Aubergine, halved lengthways, flesh scored
- Coriander, roti & lime pickle, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil and butter in a large ovenproof pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic with 1 tsp salt flakes, and cook, stirring, for 15-20 minutes until softened and light golden.
- Stir in the spices and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Spread tandoori paste (I didnt't have Tandoori so I used Korma instead ) over the scored flesh of the Aubergine. Partially submerge the eggplant in the sauce, flesh-side up and scatter eggplant lightly with sea salt flakes. ( I transferred the sauce to a baking dish and added the Aubergine then)
- Roast for 1 hour 10 minutes or until eggplant is very tender and sauce is thick and reduced.
- Season to taste and scatter with coriander. Serve with roti and lime pickle alongside.