If you're after something quick and easy to satisfy your sweet tooth, then these simple 4-ingredient cinnamon donuts are an absolute must-try.
This recipe is perfect for the kids or grandies to help you out with making, and is always gobbled up when taken to a pot luck or party!
The recipe uses four staple ingredients that you more than likely already have in the pantry - self-raising flour, sugar, milk and cinnamon.
To cook the donuts you can either use an air fryer (like we did) or a deep fryer. If you have neither, heat some oil up in a pan and shallow fry until the donuts go golden.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4c milk
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Cinnamon sugar (this is to roll your donuts in at the end so amount will vary from person to person. Mix your cinnamon with sugar to make it go further.)
- In a bowl add flour, sugar and milk. Mix until combined.
- Using clean hands, grab bits of the dough and roll into balls.
- Place bowls into deep-fryer or air-fryer and cook until golden. (Air-fryer 180c for about 10 minutes).
- Remove from deep-fryer/air-fryer and roll in cinnamon sugar. If you used a air-fryer, melt a bit of butter and brush it over the donut before coating in cinnamon to help it stick better.