Ali has shared one of her favourite soup recipes. It's a Alison Holst classic!
"I made this last night. I've made it for a hundred years! It's and Alison Holst favourite in our house. That little bit of peanut butter is so good. A divine bowl of love."
- 1 onion
- 2 Tbsp butter or oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (adjust to taste - 1/2 tsp is mild)
- 1 large kumara (about 250g)
- 350g pumpkin( or more if you like)
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Finely chop the onion. Heat the butter or oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook over low heat until soft. Add the spices and stir over moderate heat for a minute or so longer.
- Chop the kumara and pumpkin and add to the saucepan with the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the peanut butter, and salt if required. Puree or mash. Hey pesto! Bowl of Love!
- I love a bit of sour cream etc on top for a decoration and taste