If you're looking for an easy dinner that will impress those who are sitting at your dinner table, then this easy baked pork belly recipe is one you will want to keep handy!
This recipe uses ingredients that are found in most pantries and is uber delicious. We paired ours with a creamy kumara mash and seasonal vegetables.
- Pork belly, skin removed and cut into approx 4cm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (can substitute for Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Spring onions, chopped
- Place all of the ingredients (except the sesame seeds, pork belly, and spring onions) into a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the pork belly pieces and toss to coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with baking paper.
- Arrange the pork belly on the baking sheet being careful not to overlap.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully turn each piece over, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your choice of sides.
Recipe slightly altered from Lord Byrons Kitchen.