I bought a load of fabulous tomatoes from Curious Croppers. So pretty! And i've been creating all sorts with them. This Tomato Lemon tart is really easy, tasty and pretty. I hope you have some fun with it - Ali Leonard.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds, preferably on a mandoline, seeds removed
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Crème fraîche (for serving) if you like
Preheat oven to 180 c .Put pastry on baking paper on a tray. Prick pastry in a few places with a fork, leaving a border around the edges
Combine garlic and 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl and brush pastry with garlic oil, staying within border. Arrange lemon slices in a single layer over brushed pastry, then scatter basil over lemon slices.
Arrange tomatoes on top. a bit of overlap makes it pretty Sprinkle with salt and a few grinds of pepper, then drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil.(I used Olivado Avocado and basil)
Bake tart until edges of pastry are browned, puffed, and crisp, 30–35 minutes.
Slide onto a cooling rack for 10 mins before serving.