"I had leftover roast chicken and made this. It was so good. Perfect winter comfort food. Classic French “waste nothing” cooking. Don’t let the leftover chicken go to waste. It’s like a pimped up Potato Bake!" - Ali Leonard.
- 700gms potatoes
- Bag of baby spinach
- Olive oil
- 1 large finely diced onions
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 20gms of chopped bacon
- 2 Tbsp of flour
- Butter to grease baking dish
- 200ml of cream
- 200ml chicken stock
- 350gms ish of shredded cooked chicken
- 200gm Camembert cheese diced
- Heat oven to 180c
- Slice Potatoes about 3mm thick. Simmer in salted water for about 5 mins until they are just tender. Drain. Put the spinach in a sieve/colander and pour over boiling water and let drain.
- Heat bit of olive oil in pan and put the onion in for a few minutes stirring until It softens . Stir through the garlic and cook for another minute or two. Put into a bowl and then add bacon to the pan until starting to crisp . Ad the bacon to the onion and stir in the flour.
- Grease your baking dish with the butter.
- Mix the cream and the cooled stock and season.
- Layer Potato, onion & Bacon,spinach, the shredded chicken, and half the cheese, pouring over the cream and stock. Finish with a layer of potatoes.
- Bake about 30 minutes and then scatter over the rest of the cheese and do another 10 minutes in the oven until golden a hot
- Enjoy a lovely plate of comfort food!