Ali Leonard has shared a delicious recipe for Cheese & Pickle Scrolls.
"These were great for the lunch box. They were dipped in soup and just enjoyed on their own. You could eat them cold but I prefer warm. You could really create any filling you fancy but definitely needs the cheese."
- 1 & 1/2 - 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1 cup of Natural or Greek Yoghurt
- Mustard Pickle / Piccalilli / Chutney of your choice
- Optional diced Ham or similar
- 250gms of grated cheese (a nice cheddar or similar)
- Preheat oven to 220'C
- Line baking tray with baking paper
- Mix the flour and yoghurt together to form a ball. Keep the flour handy incase the dough is too wet and just add a little at a time until it's manageable. Knead it for 5 or so minutes until you have a nice dough ( Iused the mixer with the dough hook)
- Roll dough out flat until about half a centimetre thick
- Spread the pickle/chutney on the rolled dough (put diced ham on if using ) then sprinkle with the cheese (saving some to sprinkle over after rolling up and slicing)
- Now roll the dough into a BIG long scroll
- Cut the big scroll in to smaller pieces
- Place the smaller scrolls on your lined or greased baking tray , close together so they are all snuggled into each other
- Now sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top ( grate more if you like - your decision)
- Put tray in oven for 10 minutes and then turn the oven down to190 and keep baking for about another 25 minutes.
Now you are good to go! Careful! They're hot Too easy!