So finally after a windfalll, I got to bottle some whole feijoas that we shalll enjoy on a cold winters day. I felt there was something more I could do with the skins/peelings so I tried this!
I guess you need to be a feijoa lover. I think it’s more perfume than taste but I bet you have someone somewhere who will be very grateful, if it’s not you! With the left over peelings you can make this. Too easy!
- Ali Leonard.
- All your feijoa skins cut up a wee bit
- About a litre or so of water
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Tsp of Tartsric acid
- About 600 ish gms of sugar
This is a “use your eyes” recipe so gauge what’s happening in your pot but you should be fine.
- Get the feijoa skins ready and put them in your big pot.
- Add in the lemon juice and lemon husks (might as well)
- Add the water followed by tartaric acid and the sugar
- Bring to the boil
- Simmer a bit stirring until the sugar is dissolved (it sometimes rides up the side of the pan, push it down)
- Strain and then let cool.
- Pop in bottle for the fridge.
You got this far? I love your work!