Just one bowl needed and so easy! I've made this twice in the last week. Very tasty. - Ali Leonard.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar , plus 2 tbsp for top of rhubarb
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 180c
- In a bowl mix eggs and 2/3 cup of sugar until light. and fluffy
- Add melted butter, vanilla, and milk.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
- Pour into a 8 or 9 inch cake pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread diced rhubarb around the top of the batter and sprinkle with 2 tbsp sugar.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.