"Something a little different for your platter" - Ali Leonard.
- 80g wholemeal flour
- 80g plain flour
- 100g cold butter , chopped
- 100g cheddar , finely grated
- 1 small rosemary sprig , leaves finely chopped
- 1 large egg yolk
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Put the flours in a bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheese and rosemary, then add the yolk and mix in using a fork. When the mix starts to clump together, use your hands to knead to a smooth dough.
- Take walnut-sized pieces of dough, roll into balls and place on one or two lined baking trays. Flatten slightly with a fork, then bake for 12-14 mins. Alternatively, roll out between sheets of baking parchment and cut into shapes, then bake as before. Cool on the baking sheet for a few mins before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week