This is a recipe I found in Ottelengi's Plenty More. I didn't follow the amount of tomatoes in the recipe. I used some of the gorgeous Heirloom tomatoes I picked up at Curious Cropper's last weekend.
The dressing was perfect! Definitely making this again... probably tonight.
These days you can usually find the pomegranate already seeded for you too!
- Ali Leonard.
- 200g red cherry tomatoes, cut into 0.5cm dice
- 200g yellow cherry tomatoes, cut into 0.5cm dice
- 200g tiger (or plum) tomatoes, cut into 0.5cm dice
- 500g medium vine tomatoes, cut into 0.5cm dice
- 1 red pepper, cut into 0.5cmdiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 60ml olive oil, plus a little extra to finish
- seeds of 1 large pomegranate (abot 170g)
- 1 tbsp small oregano leaves
- salt and pepper
1. Mix together the tomatoes, red pepper and onion in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk the garlic, allspice, vinegar, pomegranate molasses, olive oil and 1/3 teaspoon of salt, until well combined.
3. Pour this over the tomatoes and gently mix.
4. Arrange the tomatoes and their juices on a large flat plate. Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and oregano. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and serve.