Alison Leonard has made the most devine cake in her kitchen. It was so good, she had to share the recipe on In The Kitchen!
Ali said: "A friend took me to the Miele showroom to check out their products and while there I was served a piece of this cake. I demanded the recipe and made it last night. Oh My Goodness It's devine! Too good not to share... stolen from the Miele website. I did ask first though!"
Scroll down for ingredients and recipe.
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 70g pistachio kernels, plus extra to serve
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g plain flour, sieved
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Packham pear, cored and coarsely chopped
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 150ml pouring cream
- Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus or Cake Plus at 160°C.
- Process chocolate and pistachios in a food processor until coarse crumbs form, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a standard mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sieve baking powder and flour together and stir through mixture, followed by the pistachio and chocolate mixture and the pear.
- Pour mixture into a greased and lined 22cm springform cake tin.
- Place in the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out and cooling to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat cream in a saucepan, Induction setting 6, to just below boiling. Pour cream over chocolate and let it stand until the chocolate melts (3-5 minutes), then stir until smooth. Set ganache aside for 5-10 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Smooth ganache over the top and sides of the cake, scatter with pistachios and let stand for 20 minutes to set prior to serving.