Alison Leonard has shared her fabulous recipe for Tray Bake Chicken Risotto. This recipe is easy, delish and a great meal for the household!
"I have been making this about once a fortnight for the past few months. Easy to make and a great comfort food." said Ali.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-10 chicken pieces . (whatever you have but I like Thighs and Drums)
- 1 diced Onion
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200 gms sliced chorizo
- 1 cup Arborio (risotto) rice (Riviana is my new favourite)
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups chicken stock
- 400 gm tin of chopped Tomatoes
- Some chopped Parsley for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Heat the oil in a large pan & brown the chicken . Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Don’t wash the pan. Add the onion, garlic, paprika and rosemary to the pan with a good pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chorizo, rice, stock and the whole tin of tomatoes including the juice. Season and bring to the boil.
- Tip the mixture into a large roasting & place the chicken. on top so it fits in nicely . Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle on some chopped Parsley and serve! So easy.