Last week during a plane flight, Ali Leonard's friend got chatting to a lovely lady named Glenys who kindly shared her delicious recipe for Ginger Crunch.
Ali jumped at the chance to grab Glenys' recipe and have a go at making the yummy slice - the first time she has done so in her life! See the recipe below.
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger
- 150g butter
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 4 Tbsp golden syrup
- 6 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix all other ingredients into mixture to create soft dough.
- Press into slice tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 190 degrees until golden.
- While base is cooking, start on the topping.
- Melt together the butter and golden syrup.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- When base is out of oven, pour topping over base (straight away is best).
- Sprinkle with crystallized ginger and leave until just warm.