This is usually something that gets whipped up around Christmas in our house but in lockdown I could help myself . Cream cheese is the cheaper option to the Mascarpone.
You can adjust your jelly component to suit.
Maybe try an orange jelly with mandarin slices? Or another flavour berry flavour. Enjoy!
Raspberry Mascapone Terrine
- 2 x 85g packets strawberry jelly crystals
- 500 gms of fresh or Frozen Rasberries or 500g strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 500g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature or 500gms of Cream Cheese
- 200g plain Greek-style yoghurt
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 300ml cream
- sponge finger biscuits
- Brush a 25cm x 9.5cm x 10cm deep (12-cup capacity) rectangular baking mould with oil. Pour jelly crystals into a heatproof bowl. Add 1½ cups boiling water and stir until crystals dissolve. Add 1¼ cups cold water and stir until combined. Cool.
- Pour ¾ cup of jelly into base of prepared mould. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Top with 1/3of raspberries or strawberries, decoratively, in a single layer, pressing lightly into jelly. Cover with another ¾ cup of jelly. Place in refrigerator for 25 minutes or until set. Repeat 2 more times, pouring remaining jelly over last strawberry layer. Refrigerate for 25 minutes or until set.
- Place Mascapone cream cheese, yoghurt, castor sugar and vanilla into a bowl. Beat mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Place gelatine and ¼ cup cold water into a heatproof jug. Whisk with a fork until combined. Stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Heat gelatine mixture in microwave for 30 seconds or until gelatine dissolves. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Beat cream until soft peaks form. Add cream and gelatine to mascarpon/cream cheese mixture. Gently stir until combined. Spoon mixture over set jelly and spread evenly. Place biscuits over cream mixture in lines, lengthways, pressing lightly into cream mixture. Cover with baking paper. Cut a piece of thick cardboard the size of the mould. Place cardboard over baking paper and weigh down with tins of food. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Half fill a sink with hot water. Dip baking mould into hot water for 30 seconds. Turn terrine out onto a serving platter and serve.