If you’re looking for a sweet treat to store in your baking tin, then this super simple family favourite is a must to try out!
Using just your favourite milk chocolate, some shredded coconut and a tin of sweetened condensed milk, this fudge will be a hit!
- 1 ¼ cups shredded coconut, plus extra for dusting
- 400 g milk chocolate, broken into squares
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
Note: The above fudge is decorated with pecans.
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper. Make sure you leave plenty of paper hanging over the sides of the tin to help you remove the fudge once it has set.
- Place the shredded coconut under a medium-high heat grill and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the coconut just starts to turn golden brown. Watch it carefully to make sure it doesn't burn. Set aside until needed.
- Place a medium saucepan over a low heat and add the condensed milk and milk chocolate pieces.
- Stir regularly for 10 minutes until chocolate is melted and ingredients are combined.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and working quickly, add 1 cup toasted coconut and mix to combine. Immediately pour the fudge into the prepared tin, working quickly to ensure fudge doesn’t seize. Sprinkle remaining coconut over the top. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours (preferably overnight), to set.
- Remove fudge from the fridge and cut into squares, before serving.