It seems that since their rise to popularity in 2019, grazing boards and beautiful platters are all the rage at parties, events and small gatherings.
They can be cost-effective, they make a great centrepiece and not to mention they are extremely delicious!
With Easter weekend fast approaching, many homechefs are looking toward Easter/Hot Cross Bun grazing boards - so we decided to try them out too!
We made a simple one, using really easily-sourced ingredients. But you can use whatever you like on yours.
Watch what we did above, and see what we used on our Easter grazing board below.
- Hot Cross Buns
- Easter Eggs (we used a range of large hollow ones, medium and smaller eggs - just pick your favourites!)
- Chocolate Fingers
- Whipped Cream
Please note, there is no right or wrong way of making platters! Here is the order we laid the platter out in, however.
- First, display and position the largest item on the dessert board. For this platter, we cut the large hollow egg in two and placed it onto our platter board.
- Then we scattered our Hot Cross Buns around various places of the platter.
- Place any small bowls of sauces on the platter, fill large hollow egg with what you want to fill it with. We filled ours with mini eggs, but also considered whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
- Continue to fill the platter and leave no space! This is how to get those incredible looking platters. Leave nothing bare, no space of the dish untouched by yummy food.
- Garnish! You can add flowers, fruit, sprinkles - anything.
See inspiration from other people's Easter grazing boards below.