Made these yesterday . It's my adaptation of the Chelsea Sugar recipe. I use Soft Brown sugar in stead of plain sugar . These were iced with melted chocolate , a bit decadent but what the heck! I just hope there will be some left when I get home today!
- 200g butter (softened)
- ½ cup Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ¼ cups of plain flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ cups cornflakes (or crushed weetbix)
- 1 ½ cups Chelsea Rich Chocolate Icing
- 1 Tbsp butter (softened)
- 1-2 Tbsp boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease or line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Sift in the flour and cocoa, add the cornflakes then stir thoroughly until the mixture is combined.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls onto a baking tray, squeeze mixture together gently if necessary then press lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before icing.
- Mix chocolate icing sugar, butter and 1 Tbsp boiling water at a time until combined, adding more hot water if necessary until icing is a spreadable consistency. Ice biscuits and top each one with half a walnut.