I tried out the new Pineapple Lumps flavoured L&P in one of my favourite classic scone recipes. My first thought was "woah that’s going to be sweet!"
Quite surprised at how "normal quick easy scones they were" - possibly disappointed that I couldn’t taste the Pineapple Lumps.
Let me know if you try this recipe out!
- Alison Leonard.
Kiwiana L&P Pineapple Lump Scones
- 3 1/4 cups of self raising flour (save a sprinkle for the baking tray )
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 cup of L&P (used the new flavour but use the original or even sparkling soda)
- Heat the oven to 200c (yep fan!)
- Sieve the flour into the bowl and create a well to pour in the cream and the L&P and then mix with your hand, just enough to bind, if it becomes shiny you may end up with hard scones. Be gentle.
- Turn onto a flour sprinkled baking tray (I like to line with baking paper and then flour that)
- To keep this whole exercise easy for us all ,shape the scone dough on the tray into a rectangle shape and then score it with a knife.
- Into the oven! For 15 mins or until golden. Let it cool for about 5 mins and then slice up through the score marks.
This was so easy! I reckon they're best served warm and let’s say traditional jam and cream.
Easy and cheap way to feed a few friends that visit or just a hungry family!