This dessert is not only gorgeous, but it tastes amazing too! It is nearly too easy to make!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 sheets Ready Rolled Butter puff pastry, 30cm x 12cm
- 300ml Whipped cream
- 1 punnet Strawberries
- ½ cup Strawberry jam
- 85g Redcurrant jelly
- Place Pastry on baking sheets and allow to rest for 30 minutes. Prick the surface all over with a fork. Cut to size if doing individual servings
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Bake the pastry until golden and crisp – around 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Whip the cream until lightly stiff. Hull the strawberries then slice in half. Gently heat the redcurrant jelly in a small saucepan over low heat until the jelly melts.
- To assemble the mille-feuille, using a sharp knife and trim the edges off the pastry sheets to make them sharp. Place the first sheet on a serving platter. Spread with several tablespoonfuls of jam, then top with half the cream. Spread the second sheet with more jam, then place gently on top of the first sheet. Spread with the remaining cream and top with the last pastry sheet. Decorate the top with halved strawberries, then use a pastry brush to paint redcurrant glaze over the strawberries. It doesn’t matter if a little drizzles down.
- To serve, cut into slices with a sharp knife.