- 125g butter
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp drinking chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 250g packet plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 1½ cups chocolate cake crumbs or crumbed chocolate sponge
- a nip (30ml) whisky or rum (optional)
- ½ cup glacé cherries, chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins
250g dark chocolate, for icing
Line a 20cm-square swiss roll tin or flan dish with baking paper. Combine butter, sugar, milk and golden syrup in a medium-large pot and stir over a medium-low heat until butter is melted. Stir in drinking chocolate, cocoa and half the crushed biscuits. Add all remaining ingredients except the dark chocolate and stir to combine. Press into prepared dish.
Melt dark chocolate and spread over the biscuit base to ice. Allow to set. Cut into squares with a sharp, hot knife then store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to two weeks.