- butter 250 grams
- brown sugar 250 grams
- eggs 3
- vanilla bean paste 1 teaspoon
- plain flour 1 cup (gluten-free if required)
- self-raising flour ½ cup (gluten-free if required)
- cacao powder ½ cup
- walnuts ½ cup, chopped
- white and dark chocolate 1 cup, roughly chopped
- extra nuts and chocolate for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line base of a 28cm x 18cm brownie pan or similar with baking paper.
- Melt butter and sugar in medium pan, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. With a wooden spoon, beat in eggs one at a time then vanilla. Sift in flours and cacao powder and fold in with nuts and chocolate.
- Pour into tin and top with more chopped nuts and chocolate if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed with crust on top but still soft in centre. Let cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with raspberries and ice cream for an indulgent dessert.