- plain flour 1 cup
- wholemeal flour 1 cup
- baking powder 1 teaspoon
- brown sugar ½ cup
- good quality white chocolate, chopped 75g
- melted butter 100g
- baking soda 1 teaspoon
- warm milk 1/2 cup
- unsweetened thick Greek yoghurt ½ cup
- free range eggs 2, lightly whisked
- very ripe banana 1, well mashed
- feijoa flesh 1 cup, roughly chopped
- fresh ginger 1 teaspoon finely grated
Preheat oven to 170° Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Sift flours and baking powder together into a large bowl (tip in remaining wholemeal flakes after sieving). Add brown sugar and white chocolate and stir to combine, making sure there are no lumps in brown sugar.
- Mix baking soda and warm milk until soda has dissolved. Mix with remaining wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Stir gently until just combined –but don’t overmix, lots of lumps will ensure a lighter muffin! Spoon mixture into paper cases, dividing equally.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and the muffins bounce back when lightly pressed. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Scrumptious eaten warm, fresh from the oven. If eating at a later time, you can always gently warm them in the microwave for about 15 seconds before eating.