- 100 g unsalted butter
- 85 g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod , or ½ teaspoon vanilla paste, optional
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 30 g cornflour
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 50 g white chocolate , roughly chopped
- 50 g cranberries , (fresh, defrosted or rehydrated)
- Beat the butter and icing sugar till pale. Halve the vanilla pod lengthways (if using), scrape out the seeds and add to the butter.
- Combine the flour, cornflour and oats, then add to the butter. Mix in the chocolate and berries, then shape the dough into a roll. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Slice the dough into 1cm rounds, place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden brown, but soft to the touch.
- Carefully transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack and allow to cool and crisp a little before eating.