- feijoas 1.5kg, flesh scooped out and roughly chopped
- blackberries or boysenberries 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned (drained well)
- liquid honey 2 tablespoons
- orange zest of ½
- brown sugar ½ cup
- fine rolled oats ¾ cup
- ground almonds ¾ cup
- butter 50g, diced
- ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- baking powder 1 teaspoon
- salt pinch of
- yoghurt, ice cream or whipped
Preheat oven to 180 degC/355 Fahrenheit.
- Combine feijoas, blackberries, honey, orange zest and juice in a medium-sized baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, rolled oats, ground almonds, butter, cinnamon powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Rub the butter into the mixture with your finger tips, until it resembles breadcrumbs. Spoon crumble topping over the feijoa blackberry mixture.
- Bake until the topping is golden and crunchy, 30-40 minutes.Serve crumble with yoghurt, ice-cream or whipped cream.