100 g Butter, melted
250 g Chocolate digestives
2 Limes, zest and juice
3 Oranges, zest and juice
4 Eggs, yolks only
1 can Condensed milk
1 to serve Cream, whipped with a little sugar and fresh vanilla
1. Heat the oven to 170C. In a food processor crush 250g chocolate digestives then mix with 100g of melted butter.
2. Press crumb into a 20cm removable-based flan or cake tin. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes then remove and cool. Turn oven down to 150C.
3. Zest 2 limes and 3 oranges, and squeeze enough juice from both until you have ½ cup of juice.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat 4 egg yolks so the volume doubles and thickens. With the beater still on, slowly pour in 1 can of condensed milk, a little at a time.
5. Gently fold the citrus juice into the egg mix, taking care not to knock the volume out of it. Pour the mix on to the crust and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove and cool the pie. Refrigerate and serve with freshly whipped chantilly cream (that’s cream whipped with a little sugar and fresh vanilla). Oh la la.