Researchers have found out that left-handed people are the smartest and here are the reasons why:
- Divergent Thinking: The majority of the studies have shown that lefties possess a more developed right hemisphere of the brain. This might have a greater degree of influence on abstract thinking like creativity and abstract thought. An independent frame of mind and creative giftedness often lead lefties down the path of an artist.
- Better, faster hand-eye coordination: An interesting observation was done by Australian researchers. 25% of Major League Baseball players are lefties - 2.5 times the rate of the general population. This is statistically significant according to the scientists. A study has found statistically significant differences in proportions of left-handed persons who are engaged in interactive sports like baseball, boxing, fencing, and tennis.
- Faster reaction times: Results in a study demonstrated significant handedness effects, suggesting that left-handed individuals tend to have more hemispheric interactions. Lefties on average have faster left/brain connections than righties.
- Better spatial ability: Spatial ability is the capability to understand and remember the spatial relations among objects, made up of numerous subskills, which are interrelated among each other and develop through your life. These skills are among the most 'convenient' to have. For instance, someone with this ability is generally excellent with directions.
- They're emotionally intelligent: Steve Job, Steve Wozniak, Bill Gates, Albert Einstein and many have proved their special intelligence as lefties.