Kiwi Christmas's always revolve around food. The whole day is spent with feasts with the whanau, and so this recipe that is currently going viral for Bailey's Brownie Trifle is the perfect Christmas Day dessert.
With just 8 ingredients needed, this recipe is sure to be a crowd favourite! But just a warning, don't bank on there being any leftovers after it's been served!
- 500ml vanilla custard
- 100g dark chocolate
- 400g chocolate brownies
- 2tbsp espresso coffee
- 150ml Baileys
- 125g chocolate malt biscuits
- 500ml double cream
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- extra chocolate, for grating (optional)
- Place the vanilla custard in a saucepan along with the chocolate. Melt together over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool and cover with cling film to prevent a skin forming.
- Place the brownies in a bowl, break up a little then pour over 100ml Baileys and the coffee. Set aside to soak.
- Place the malt biscuits in a bag and bash with a rolling pin to break up into small pieces.
- Now, finally, place the cream, icing sugar and remaining Baileys in a bowl. Whisk to form stiff peaks.
- Now it's time to assemble the trifles. Layer up the brownies, followed by the malt biscuits, chocolate custard and Baileys cream. Repeat then top with a little grated dark chocolate.
- Chill for half an hour before serving.