"A friend sent me this idea. Made this last night. I just love filo. This would be a great throw together for a picnic etc. It’s fine cold and could be a good "bring a plate" option too!" - Ali Leonard.
- 400-500 gms of small potatoes cooked and cooled
- 200gms of Feta
- 125gms Sour Cream
- tsp minced Garlic
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup of bread crumbs
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon(optional)
- 6 sheets of Filo Pastry
- 3 Tbsp of melted Butter
- Heat the oven to 180c.
- Put the Feta (maybe save a bit to sprinkle on the top) add the sour cream, eggs, garlic and the bread crumbs. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper, lemon juice and zest if using into a food processor and whizz it up until its combined.
- Lay 1 sheet of the filo and brush with the melted but and then put another sheet on top and lay in your pie dish. Repeat with the rest of the filo and lay the sheets in a different direction so the pie dish is well covered.
- Put half the filling in the dish and then a layer of sliced potato. Put the the rest of the filling in the dish and another layer of potato slices.
- Then scrunch the edges of the Filo and brush with the remaining butter
- If you have any fresh herbs maybe sprinkle some chopped on the top with the little bit of reserved Feta
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes