Fancy a peak inside Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall's recipe book? The Duchess has revealed her favourite recipe for Sponge Cake on the Clarence House social media accounts, and it looks and sounds delicious.
See the recipe in full below.
- 110g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 110g soft margarine or butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 drops of pur vanilla essence
- To finish:
- Filling of choice (jam, cream, lemon curd, Nutella)
- Icing sugar, sifted
- Pre-heat the oven to 170c
- Lightly grease and line two 7-inch sponge tins
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, holding the sieve high to giv the flour a good airing.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and whisk til throughly combined.
- Divide the mixture between the two prepared tins, level off and bake on the centre shelf of the oven for about 30 mins.
- Once cooked, leave in the tins for about 30 seconds before turning onto a wire cooling rack.
- Peel off the base papers carefully and when cool, sandwhich the cakes together with a filling of your choice. Dust with icing sugar.