"Made these to go with a curry last night. So easy! Very tasty with the butter smeared over once cooked and a nice cheap thing to whip up to add to your meals." - Ali Leonard.
- 2 1/2 cups of self raising flour ( plain flour and 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder)
- 3/4 cups of any sort of milk or a plain yogurt or even just water
- Olive oil (or any oil you have)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
For the butter:
- 2 Tbsp of softened butter
- Tsp of crushed garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- Mix flour, milk (or other options) and salt to combine
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes (very therapeutic) until it is nice and smooth . Divide into 4,6 or 8 portions and leave them to rest for about 15-30 mins
- Mix the butter, garlic and parsley.
- Heat large pan. Roll the pieces of dough reasonably thin. Lightly brush with oil and place in the hot pan. Cook about 2 mins each side until puffed and golden. Spread with some of the butter mix while still hot. Repeat until all cooked .
- Serve hot. So tasty!