If you're a KFC lover wanting to get a little creative in the kitchen, then the latest KFFC recipe going viral is sure to take your fancy!
The new and very unique dish, created by KFC with Morgan Hipworth, owner of the artisan Melbourne-based bakehouse, Bistro Morgan, is a part of the new Kentucky Fried Cookin’ series.
The creation combines a savoury cornbread based cupcake and includes the Colonel’s iconic Popcorn Chicken and Potato & Gravy.
For the topping:
• 1 serve of large Potato & Gravy
•1 large KFC Popcorn Chicken
For the cornbread cupcakes:
• 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
• 1 1/2 cups plain flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup canned creamed corn
• 125 grams melted butter
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and make a well in the centre. Add the remaining ingredients and gradually mix to combine.
- Divide between cupcake liners and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour the gravy from the potato and gravy into a bowl. Spoon the remaining potato into another bowl and stir to combine the potato and any remaining gravy.
- Transfer the potato to a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
- Pipe the potato on the top to resemble frosting on a cupcake. Top with 4-5 pieces of popcorn chicken and then spoon on around 1/2 tablespoon of KFC gravy to garnish.