"Made this on the weekend! Really good and everyone with rhubarb seems to have so much of it at the moment. It really is “self saucing” A bit fiddle but worth it if you like rhubarb and pudding!" - Ali Leonard.
- 75 gms of butter plus a bit extra for greasing
- 800gms of rhubarb cut into 2cm pieces
- Juices and grated zest of 2 oranges
- 220 gms of castor sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 75gms of self raising flour
- 200 ml of milk
- Turn oven to 180c and lightly grease a 2 litre dish.
- Put rhubarb in solid pan with the orange juice and 3 Tbsp of the sugar.
- Simmer slowly till cooked but holds some shape and has created a lot of juice. Put sieve over a bowl and drain the rhubarb and juice.
- Beat the butter, sugar and zest. Add egg yolks one at a time. Beating after each.
- Mix in flour, 150 ml of the rhubarb juices and the milk, alternating.
- Whisk egg white to soft peaks and fold into the pudding batter.
- Put the rhubarb in the prepared dish and spoon the batter on top.
- Bake about 30 mins till golden and firm. Allow to settle for about 10 mins and serve with ice cream or whipped cream or what ever you fancy