What do you get when you put the #1 children's party food item up with #1 adult's party food item? An epic Fairy Bread Cob Loaf Dip - that's what!
A genius at the website taste.com.au has reimagined two super popular Kiwi party food items and reimagined them as one incredible dish - they also shared the recipe.
The dessert cob loaf is complete with a sweet cheesecake filling, freckles, strawberries and wafer biscuits. YUM!
- 1 large cob loaf
- 160g (1 cup) NESTLÉ Bakers' Choice White Choc Melts
- 80g Nestlé Milkybar white chocolate block, chopped
- 40g (1/3 cup) hundreds and thousands
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops pink gel food colouring
- Marshmallows, to serve
- Pocky strawberry biscuit sticks, to serve
- Sour straps, to serve
- White freckles, to serve
- Wafer biscuits, to serve
- Strawberries, hulled, sliced, to serve
- Use a serrated knife to slice 4cm off the top of the cob. Scoop out the bread inside, leaving a 1cm-thick shell. Pull the excess bread from the lid. (Reserve bread for another use). Slice the top into 16 wedges.
- Place the melts and Milkybar in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, for 2 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Use a spoon to drizzle some of the chocolate mixture over the rim of the cob. Lift and tilt the cob slightly to drizzle the chocolate down the side to form drips. Sprinkle some of the hundreds and thousands onto the chocolate.
- Dip the bread wedges into the remaining chocolate and place onto paper-lined tray. Sprinkle with the remaining hundreds and thousands. Set aside until set.
- Use electric beaters to beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add the cream and vanilla. Beat until thick. Add the food gel and beat to combine. Spoon the mixture into the cob.
- Thread marshmallows onto Pocky sticks and stick into the cream cheese dip. Serve with the fairy bread wedges, sour straps, freckles, wafer biscuits and strawberries.
Drizzle the chocolate and sprinkle the hundreds and thousands in sections to make it easier, if you like.