The hugely popular slow cooker Facebook page Slow Cooker Recipe & Tips has shared a recipe for Christmas Cake that has quickly gone viral.
The recipe features just four ingredients, and is cooked easily in your slow cooker.
- 1 kg mixed fruit (Add a packet of glacé cherries if you wish)
- 2 Cups Chocolate Milk
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Baileys
- 2 Cups SR Flour
- Soak fruit in milk & Baileys for 24hrs.
- Fold in flour.
- Line slow cooker with 2 layers of baking paper on bottom and sides. (The FB page suggests also doubling a long strip and put in first so easier to pull out when cooked).
- Pour batter in and even out.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Tea towel under lid.
Commenters flooded the comment section praising the recipe and offering their tips.
"I tried this at the weekend and it’s delicious. I’d recommend taking the lid off for the last hour of cooking" said one.
"I made this last year used pineapple instead of cherries and added some almonds tasted lovely making again this year" said another.
"This also works well with just Cranberries and white chocolate. I use Ice Coffee instead of Chocolate milk. I live in South Australia the home of good Ice Coffee" commented another.
"And drink the rest of the Baileys while the cake cooks. Yummmm" said another.