Sometimes there's nothing more you crave in this world than a sweet treat.
And this recipe is so simple that it is the perfect way to settle your cravings!
It's 3 easy, well-priced ingredients that can be chucked in the slow-cooker and left to do its thing until it forms delcious, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread!
The recipe, which appeared on the Crockpot/Slow Cooker Recipes & Tips Facebook page, is from Rebecca O’Brien. Alongside images of the tasty-looking shortbread, Rebecca also shared the recipe, and the suggestion of adding chocolate chips, white chocolate or dried cranberries to your shortbread.
- 180g plain flour
- 55g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- Turn slow cooker on high to heat up
- Sieve flour into mixing bowl
- Mix in sugar
- Rub in butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Put mixture into a loose bottom round cake/greased tin and press down with fingertips or back of a spoon
- Put tin straight into SC put a tea towel under lid to stop condensation cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or till light brown
- Take tin out of SC and score lines to make triangles sprinkle caster sugar on top leave in tin till cools slightly before taking out
- Cool on a wire tray