Leanne Short is an Australian woman who has mastered the art of making an 'at home Big Mac'.
She shared her tips and tricks to Facebook where it has since gone viral. Thankfully, she also shared the full recipe!
"I think I may [have] wasted a lot of my life on making Big Macs." she said.
Ingredients You'll Need...
- 500g mince beef
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon gherkin relish
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sesame seed buns or brioche sesame seed buns
- Pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Add salt to mince beef and mould meat into burger patties
- Leave patties in fridge to chill
- Make sauce by combining mayonnaise with garlic powder, onion powder, gherkin relish, white wine vinegar, yellow mustard, smoked paprika and and a pinch of salt
- Cut the lettuce and dice the onion
- Prepare gherkins and cheese slices
- Cook the burger patties
- Toast the buns and assemble burger
- Once burger is formed, place in microwave for a few seconds (optional)
She went on to give a few extra tips for the perfect burger patty.
"Big Mac burgers are large and flat and shrink when fried so always go a bit bigger than the bun."
"I do it by eye but if you want to measure each one I think it's about 45 grams."
Happy Big Mac making!