There's no time like the present to shop a little smarter.
Not only can it be good for your bank balance, but it can also be very beneficial for our environment.
A magazine from years ago shared the 'Shop Smarter: Conscious-Shopping Checklist' and it is still very relevant to today.
See it below.
FQ's Conscious-Shopping Checklist
- Do I love this? Do I need it? Do I own it already?
- Is this fabrib eco-friendly or certified? What does the label say?
- Who made this garment? If you're not sure - ask.
- Am I proud to tell people where I purchased it?
- Is the construction high-quality? Check the seams and feel the fabric.
- Will this help me express my identity?
- Can I effortlessly wear this piece with what I already own?
- Is the fit perfect for me, or can I get it altered easily?
- Will I wear this garment 50 or more times?
- Does it require frequent washing or dry-cleaning?
- Could I get the same item secondhand - or rent it?